StreetShot is an interactive program open to Independent young people and students of Education institutions to learn about risk factors for viral hepatitis and how they can keep themselves safe.
Understanding the risk factors for hepatitis, and how to avoid them, while motivating constructive behaviour change isn’t always as simple as being told what to do or what not to do.
Interaction, peer collaboration and creativity and the power of young people’s messages reaching out to other young people are great ways to build understanding and support people to make informed and healthier choices.
The StreetShot program offers:
- Free interactive health education sessions to raise awareness of viral hepatitis effects on the liver, prevention, testing, treatment and addressing stigma
- Sessions are delivered face-to-face or remotely for schools, TAFES, other education organisations and services for young people
- The Annual StreetShot Arts Competition is open to all young people under the age of 25.
Young people not connected to education can access further readings about viral hepatitis throughout our website, speak with a friendly staff member on webchat or call them on our free LiverLine on 1800 7003 003.
The Annual StreetShot Youth Arts Competition, is open to all young people under 25 years of age, regardless of whether they are connected to an education or a youth service.
- The competition is a unique way of inviting young people to share, through their own creativity, what they understand about viral hepatitis.
- Participants can create an arts project of their choice, to represent their understandings of viral hepatitis, and to communicate what they think other young people need to know, for their entry to the StreetShot Competition.
- Entrants can submit any piece of art work, including photographs, illustrations, paintings, video (e.g., narrated short stories, visual, animations, playwright) or audio.
- Submit your art by August 2, 2021
- Winners announced at Awards ceremony – details to be announced.
How to enter
There are two types of registration:
Young people who have attended an education session conducted by LiverWELL/Hepatitis Victoria through their education sessions can register directly.
Young people who are not connected to education or haven’t attended an education session conducted by LiverWELL/Hepatitis Victoria are also welcome to register.
But firstly, they will need to understand viral hepatitis. They can access further information about viral hepatitis throughout our website, speak with a friendly staff member on webchat or call them on our free LiverLine on 1800 7003 003.
Once that’s done, please Register
- Individuals or groups can submit up to three images and/or video entries.
- Where young people choose to develop an art project for their entry other than a photograph or video, a photo of the art project is required to be submitted to represent their entry.
- Each photo and/or video has to be accompanied by a short description (minimum 5, maximum 100 words) describing what they have learnt about viral hepatitis and how they have represented that in their photograph or video.
Watch the 2020 Awards Celebration and StreetShot 10 year retrospective video.